1. 3,000 miles is a long way from home.
2. Going 3,000 miles with touring stops along the way is nice. Coming straight home, not so much.
3. Six weeks is a long time to be away from home.
4. There is quite a difference in air when you live at 43’ above sea level and your destination is at 8,000’.
5. Be sure to put the cap on your makeup securely if you don’t want it to run out all over everything when going up in altitude.
6. When going up in altitude be careful when opening the mustard, catsup, etc., anything with pressure unless you want to be sprayed with it.
7. Release air in the sleep number mattress as you change altitudes.
8. Remember to check the bicycle tires too!
9. Hiking at a high altitude is quite a bit different than hiking at home. Breathe!
10. Remember to make sure the bicycles are securely affixed to the bike rack especially after we have gone over awful roads.
11. Check water lines, fuses, etc., anything that may need to be tightened after going over horrible highways.
12. Don’t overload your fuses.
13. We can dry camp for three days and nights.
14. We don’t need to try to save propane by using space heaters and letting everything underneath freeze up.
15. We have three hydraulic slides and one electric slide.
16. We can put a slide in manually.
17. Everything that is on a receptacle goes through the house battery.
18. You shouldn’t buy a cheap bike cover from Walmart. It won’t even last 100 miles!
19. Communicating with family is difficult when you are in different time zones.
20. National parks are so much fun!
21. We love state parks.
22. We love hiking but 7 miles is our limit.
23. I now know what a face plant is.
24. We like hikes that start with the ascent and then end by going down. Makes it a lot easier!
25. Sunset happens quickly. Have the camera ready.
26. Believe the campground reviews. Read in between the lines.
27. Love the Southwest.
28. Can now identify a saguaro and a cholla and can even pronounce them correctly.
29. The best part of any trip is always coming home.
30. There’s no place like home.